Most frequent questions and answers about the LūM Transillumination.
Two ways to do this:
- You can sterilize the tips only. 10 minute cycle wrapped or unwrapped not to exceed 273 degrees
- Using a one minute kill disinfectant spray, simply spray the unit down
LūM will aid in the detection of decay that is being missed by digital xray. We believe in showing you imagery, not telling you where decay is located. Base your diagnosis on what you see clinically.
- LuM comes with 1 base and 8 tips. The idea here is to use one tip per hygiene patient throughout the day.
- Two replacement batteries.
Below you will find the most current Software Compatibility List for the LūM Transillumination device. For each install the first step is to run the LūM Configuration Assistant which is available below. If your software isn’t listed below, please contact Digital Doc Support for assistance
TWAIN and Standalone configuration available to download HERE.
- Carestream & Kodak
- Curve Hero
- Dentrix Ascend
- Dexis V10 & Dexis V9
- Eaglesoft And Patterson Imaging
- EZDENT-i (Va-Tech)
- Image Fx
- Image XL
- Open Dental
- Professor Suni
- Schick CDR
- Sidexis XG & 4
- XRay Vision
Yes. Simply order Pedo tips from your dental dealer.
You can put a sheath on the intraoral camera then slide the LūM onto the camera.
Yes. Use code D0600 when billing out for transillumination.